I've dried the structure; will mold go away?
So, you've had a water damage. Your walls got wet, perhaps some carpet as well. A couple days pass, and you notice a small amount of mold on your drywall.
The water damage was fixed, and you're pretty sure the walls are now dry. You can still see the mold spots, but do not smell any of that musty smell you normally get when you have active mold. Is the mold now gone?
The answer is no. Mold does not simply go away.
Once it has eaten into the drywall, wood, cardboard, paper, or anything organic, it will stay there until physically removed. If the musty smell has gone away, it simply means that the mold has gone dormant. Once the moldy areas encounter more moisture, the mold will re-energize.
And remember, there can be more mold INSIDE the wall that you can't see!
If you know someone who suffered a water loss (pipe break, roof leak, sump pump failure, etc), and you tried to dry it yourself, and now you have a possible mold issue, call the experts at SERVPRO of Bedford Park/Burbank at 708-430-3600. We will come out, assess the situation, give you options to fit your budget, and answer all your questions.