Spring storms = SERVPRO's busy season?
It’s Springtime again, and here at SERVPRO we get asked all the time if Spring is our “busy” season. While it’s true, the transition from Winter to Spring gives us many opportunities for helping people with disasters, there really isn’t a “busy” season nor a “slow” season.
When the calendar gets close to Spring, melting snow, or rain over frozen ground, threatens water damages in many homes and businesses. But we can get water damage calls just about any month of the year.
- When extreme cold weather hits the area (like a polar vortex), frozen and burst pipes could be the result.
- Freezing and thawing weather, or ice storms, can cause ice damming issues, causing water to back up your roof, under shingles and then work its way into your home.
- Repeated heavy rains can cause localized flooding in susceptible areas and could finds its way into your home.
- Sudden, extreme downpours with huge rain rates can overwhelm sump pumps and cause minor flooding issues.
- High winds may cause loose roof shingles to come off, thereby allowing precipitation to find a way inside.
On top of all that, there are many ways you can suffer non-storm related water damages, such as: bathtub or sink overflows, pipe leaks, water heater malfunctions, aquarium leaks, condensation issues, etc.
If you have suffered any type of water damages, call SERVPRO of Bedford Park/Burbank at 708-430-3600 right away to set up an inspection.