Trick or Treat hours 2020
Will there or won't there be trick or treating this year? Many locales have been fairly quiet in announcing Trick or Treat hours because of the pandemic. Check with your local municipal hall to get the most up to date information.
City of Chicago will have trick or treating from 3:00- 7:00 on Sat, Oct 31st.
If you are a homeowner here's what you are advised to do:
- Keep your lights on, and place sign on your door that it is safe for trick and treating. Otherwise, keep lights off and place a door sign saying "No trick or treating".
- If you are passing out goodies, remember to wear a mask, wash your hands before and after, and have hand sanitizer available, just in case.
- Remember to keep to a safe distance from others.
- Do not let the ghosts and goblins reach in and grab a handful of candy - pass it out safely.
If you are escorting little ones through the neighborhood:
- Stay in a neighborhood you know and trust.
- Respect homes that are dark or have signs restricting trick or treating.
- Wear a mask; one under the costume mask if necessary.
- Keep to groups of 6 or less.
- Keep moving. Don't stop and congregate in groups.
- Wash hands immediately after returning home.
Everyone is advised to avoid house parties and indoor haunted houses.
2020 has been an unusual year to say the least. Let's get through this as safely as possible, so that everyone is around next year to enjoy Halloween 2021!