Ways water can get into your home
Water can get into your home many ways, and not just through the pipes. Just a few examples of ways water can cause damages:
- Roof leak. Well-worn or missing shingles can allow water to infiltrate the roofing materials, and thereby can damage your upper level or attic.
- Sewage back-up. Raw sewage can back up through the drains and/or toilets in your home, causing damage, not to mention a terrible odor.
- Water can find even the smallest cracks in your foundation and find its way inside your home.
- Bathtub or sink overflows. Although unintentional, filling up a bathtub or sink beyond its capacity can also cause damages to your home.
- Pipe breaks. Age and everyday wear and tear will cause pipes to have a catastrophic break, leaking or spraying water that many times will go unnoticed for several days.
- Little or missing insulation in an outside wall sometimes will cause condensation to develop, especially in the Spring and Autumn seasons.
If you have suffered a water damage to your home, call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank 708-430-3600. We have the proper moisture detection and drying equipment to make it "Like it never even happened.”