Trick or Treat Hours 2021
Let's be careful driving out there. The little ones probably haven't gone out in two years, and may be too excited to be careful.
Following is the list of Trick or Treat hours by town for Sunday, October 31, 2021 (remember, the sun sets at 5:45):
- Bedford Park 3:00-6:00
- Berwyn 2:30-6:00
- Bridgeview 2:00-6:00
- Burbank 2:00-6:00
- Chicago 3:00-7:00
- Cicero 3:00-7:00
- Countryside 3:00-8:00
- Crestwood 3:00-7:00
- Evergreen Park 12:00-8:00
- Hodgkins 3:00-6:00
- Joliet 4:00-7:00
- Justice 2:00-6:00
- La Grange 3:00-8:00
- Lyons 3:00-7:00
- Oak Forest 2:00-7:00
- Oak Lawn 2:00-6:00
- Oak Park 1:00-5:30
- Palos Heights 3:00-7:00
- Palos Hills 3:00-7:00
- Stickney 3:00-7:00
- Summit 6:00-8:00
- Willow Springs 3:00-7:00
- Worth 2:00-7:00
Property Managers: Are you prepared?
Fires are just one of the many ways it can disrupt your commercial business.
Property Managers: You’ve been busy the last year, trying to safeguard employees that have been coming into the office. We know, because we’ve had to perform many COVID cleanings, whether it was proactive or due to positive tests. With more and more people no longer working remotely and coming back to the office, we understand it’s been a strain to keep up with everything.
But, have you prepared for the next unexpected disaster?
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank has a FREE program that can help prevent some disasters from becoming larger, and restores your property if that disaster disrupts your business. Called the Emergency Ready Profile, or ERP, can set the wheels in motion to minimize disruptions as quickly as possible after the worst has happened.
Whether it’s listing protocols for certain recoveries, to listing important contacts and numbers, this FREE program can make the difference from being just an inconvenience to being highly detrimental to your bottom line.
Many different types of businesses have already taken advantage of this program; hotels, churches, school districts, insurance offices, warehouses, and retail shops are just a few on that list.
Getting started is easy! Just call SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank at 708-430-3600 and we’ll schedule a brief walk-through, explaining the procedures and what will be needed to complete the program.
Using the proper technique for fire damage clean up
Notice the soot staining on the walls. Using household cleaners is not only very time consuming, but may set the staining, making the situation worse
As you may know, September is National Preparedness Month, and, good for you, you have made an emergency kit, full of items in case of emergencies. You have extra cash, water, medicines, and clothes all stored away in a water proof container.
But, just because it’s in your kit doesn’t mean it’s right for every situation. For instance, you have a jack in the trunk of your car. That’s great, but it doesn’t help you put gas in your automobile. Or maybe you have an electric can opener in your survival pack, but it won’t work in there’s no power. You need the right instruments for the right situations.
Let’s talk about fire damage clean up for a second. Having a cleaner like 409 or Mr. Clean handy is wonderful, but if you tried either of these products to remove smoke and soot stains from drywall, you may set the stain permanently. Or using your regular washing machine to clean heavily smoke-stained fabrics may end up doing the same thing, and ruin the clothing.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank has the proper protocols and equipment to handle all your fire and smoke issues, from removing smoke staining from drywall to eliminating the smoke smell from enclosed rooms.
Suffered a fire in your home, and not quite sure what to do? Here’s a suggestion: call the cleaning and deodorization experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank. 708-430-3600. We will come out, assess the damage, and help you devise a plan to get things back together again.
September is National Preparedness Month
Storms and fires (among others) do not make an appointment with you ahead of time. Get prepared NOW!
When was the last time you wanted to drive to Florida, but didn’t prepare any routes in advance? Did you say: “I know Florida is south and east of here, so I’ll drive as far as I can east, then turn south, then east again, then south….:
Of course you never did! You planned the most efficient route, taking into consideration stops for gas, food, breaks, etc.
Now another question: Are you prepared for the next disaster? Or, if something does happen, do you plan to go one way, and then another, etc.?
September is National Preparedness Month, highlighting a time to plan NOW for what may happen later on. Just a few things you should prepare for:
- Severe weather:
- Lightning, wind, tornado, blizzard.
- Extreme rainfall in short periods, long-lived rainfall event, snowmelt + spring storms.
- Extreme heat + humidity, long-lived event.
- Extreme cold, prolonged event.
- Every day:
- Spare tire, flares, changing weather conditions, car tuned up.
- Fire extinguisher, keeping children/pets away from stoves, proper food handling protection.
- Break-ins, online threats, proper insurance coverage.
A general thing you can do inside your home: take pictures and videos of every room in your home. Get all major purchases, and sentimental items, on film, so, if the worst does happen, you have a record of what and where it was. Email that file to yourself, so it dates the process, and will get you to update it regularly.
Another important thing to do: input our number into your phone or mobile device! 708-430-3600. We are available 24/7/365, and have the expertise and equipment necessary to handle any size or type of job.
Paying respects for fallen CPD officer
First responders from Bridgeview and surrounding towns, as well as citizens, line the street to pay respects for a fallen CPD officer.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank was on the scene for the funeral procession for family members of Ella French, the fallen Chicago Police officer, who was killed last week in the line of duty.
Hundreds of first responders, business owners and citizens packed Harlem Ave in Bridgeview as the funeral procession drove by. Many waved flags or held signs in support.
Our hearts go out to the family of Ms. French, as well to her brothers and sisters in the Chicago Police Department.
What is soot?
Soot is shown on the edges of these candle jars.
Soot is the black powder or flaky substance containing largely of carbon of organic materials that has failed to burn completely through. Very similar to smoke, but smoke is mainly a gas byproduct, whereas soot is more of a liquid/solid than a gas.
In order to burn materials, you need the following: A fuel source, heat, oxygen, and an ignition source. More information on this subject is in a previous blog on this website: https://www.SERVPRObedfordparkburbank.com/blog/post/150167/fire-smoke-damage-restoration/ingredients-to-a-fire
As materials burn, they emit smoke and soot, because most materials cannot burn 100%. Think about the ash left behind after a fireplace fire. Though the wood was dry, and the fire hot enough, there’s always some materials that cannot burn completely.
Smoke dissipates as it moves through the air, because other gasses interact with the moving smoke. Soot, on the other hand, will land and collect on mainly flat surfaces, though it can collect on walls, ceilings, and contents.
When you burn scented candles, look how the glass around the rim turns black. That is soot. You’ll notice that the soot is sticky, and not easy to clean.
Now, SERVPRO of Bedford Park/Burbank is an expert on smoke and soot cleaning, as well as deodorization. Now, we’re not going to clean your candle jars, but we can clean your walls, ceilings, and contents if you were unfortunately subject to a house fire. We will also get rid of the smoke smell.
Need help cleaning up after a fire? Call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank at 708-430-3600.
Heavy rains cause water damages inside your home
Not sure if the umbrellas are keeping these people dry.
There’s an old adage: ‘Be careful what you wish for’.
We are currently in the midst of a drought. Some areas are worse off than others. But generally we do need the rain.
Storms today can be fast and furious. They drop enormous amounts of rain in a relative short period of time. Last month, storms that rolled through the area dropped more than an inch of rain in less than 15 minutes. And recently, in China, they experienced 18 inches of rain in just 24 hours.
In either case, the rain rate was too much for sewer systems and your sump pumps to keep up. And, that water has to go somewhere. It usually ends up in the lower levels of buildings.
Take the time now to check in and around your home for areas prone to flooding. Should I leave that cardboard box full of the family photo albums on the floor, or should I store it in a safer place? That wash machine is very close to that drain. Should I be safe and put it up on bricks?
Taking a few minutes now could save you a lot of aggravation (and money) later.
If you do suffer from water damages inside your home, call the water experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank. We have the proper equipment and protocols to get any size job done right!
Preparing a home inventory file
Storms ripped through the area, damaging furniture and contents from inside the house.
Imagine if a storm severely damaged your home. Your insurance company will need a complete list of items lost; furniture, collectibles, big ticket items, etc. With all the stress you’re going through, will you be able to remember everything? That being said, have you prepared a home inventory?
Here’s a way to protect yourself now and make the claims experience easier once the storm has passed:
- Take pictures. Pictures of furniture and big ticket items will help you identify what and where these items were. Also, take pictures of receipts, especially the more expensive pieces if you have them (these receipts may be lost in the storm as well).
- Video each room, with running commentary on when you acquired the item, what room it was located in, and the approximate cost. Stand in a corner of the room, pan left to right. Then move to the opposite corner, and pan left to right again. Video each room, including the garage!
- Create an electronic copy. Save your pictures and videos to a disc, thumb drive, or similar, and keep a copy offsite. You can also email the files to yourself (it will time stamp when you performed the inventory, so you can update it regularly).
Need help cleaning up after the storm? Leave that to the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank. We’ve cleaned up after hurricanes, tornadoes, nor’easters, and heavy thunderstorms. Call 708-430-3600 today.
Area Fireworks Displays
Fireworks displays throughout the region. You can view multiple displays that weekend.
The following is a brief list of fireworks displays around the region, but check for any last minute changes.
- Chicago 7/4 Dusk Navy Pier
- Aurora 7/2 9:30 RiverEdge Park
- Barrington 7/2 Dusk Metra Station
- Bolingbrook 7/4 9:15 Bolingbrook Golf Club
- Bridgeview 7/3 9:15 Commissioners Park
- Burr Ridge 7/3 9:30 Walker Park
- Downers Grove 7/4 9:30 75th St/Lemont Rd
- Highland Park 7/4 8:00 Rec Center (Virtual)
- LaGrange 7/2 9:30 Waiola Park
- Lake Forest 7/4 9:30 Deerpath Community Pk
- Libertyville 7/3 + 7/4 Dusk Butler Lake Park
- Lisle 7/3 Dusk Lisle Community Park
- Naperville 7/4 9:30 Frontier Sports Complex
- New Lenox 7/4 9:15 New Lenox Commons
- Orland Park 7/4 9:30 Centennial Park
- Palos Heights 7/3 9:30 Memorial Park
- Romeoville 7/3 Dusk Lukancic, Volunteer, and Discovery Parks
- Round Lake 7/4 Dusk Round Lake Park District
- Schaumburg 7/4 After Boomers baseball game
- St Charles 7/4 Dusk Pottawatomie Park
- Tinley Park 7/4 9:30 McCarthy Park
- Waukegan 7/4 9:00 Waukegan Harbor
- Westmont 7/4 9:30 Ty Warner Park
Have a safe and joyous 4th!!
How SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank handles commercial damages
Any size commercial job, SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank is ready for the call!
The Chicago area has plenty of commercial properties, ranging from mom-and-pop stores to large corporate facilities. SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank is ready to handle any size job at any commercial property.
A small fire in a lunchroom? We can handle it. A large warehouse fire that also affected offices in the main building? We can handle that too, because we are part of the SERVPRO network, whereby if we need additional crews, we can get as many trained personnel as we need from surrounding SERVPROs in the area.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank also has unique equipment to speed up the restoration process, so your business can return to normal as quickly as possible. Plus, we can work within your schedule.
Just some of the items we have:
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction equipment – to quickly remove excess water.
- Thermal cameras – to find hidden moisture in walls, ceilings, or floors.
- Metering equipment – used in conjunction with the thermal camera, to find moisture’s migration.
- Air movers (fans) – in different sizes, to help evaporate moisture quickly.
- Commercial grade dehumidifiers – to extract moisture from the air, thereby drying structure faster.
- Air scrubbers – to pull particulates from the air, e.g.: mold spores, odors, dust, etc.
- Foggers – to help neutralize and eliminate odors.
- Static sprayers – to spray disinfectant and kill bacteria.
- Hardwood floor drying mats – to dry and save hardwood floors.
- Specially treated sponges – to remove smoke and soot from walls, furniture.
- Portable generators – in case you have no power.
- Additional dumpsters can be arranged if there is a lot of demolition work required.
- A FREE program called the ERP, or Emergency Ready Profile – a totally free app for your mobile device, where it lists important numbers and protocols after a loss.
Property managers – you need to load this number into your phone now: 708-430-3600. SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank is the company you can trust when you have a commercial loss!