SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank helping the community
Bob Wehn Sr delivering a check to Burbank Fire Chief David Gilgenberg, after a recent fundraiser.
Making the community better. That is SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank's mission.
Whether it's ringing the bell for Salvation Army during the holiday season, or helping the Bridgeview Chamber in collecting food and toy donations for their annual Food & Toy Drive, or working with homeowners who have suffered water or smoke damage, we are here to grant aid as best as we can to as many as we can.
Local schools are another facet that SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank supports. We performed a free ERP, or Emergency Ready Profile, evaluation to each of the Burbank schools in District #111. We are a part of their Career Day, with marketing rep Rick Gauger as a speaker to the kids. We also support St. Baldricks fundraiser each year. We attended the Argo High School Higher Education Foundation's casino night at Toyota Park.
SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank is now involved in two local chambers; we have a director on the Bridgeview Chamber, and is also a member of the Bedford Park Clearing Industrial Association.
Each year, we host Continuing Education classes for the insurance industry, granting them free courses to help them retain their licenses.
If you want a company that believes in YOUR community, then SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank is the right choice!
Chicago Midway Hotels complete ERP
The Midway Airport hotels are now better prepared for any disaster.
Recently, the hotel complex near Midway Airport completed an ERP for each hotel. What's an ERP, you ask?
ERP stands for Emergency Ready Profile. It's a free service that SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank provides for all commercial properties. It consists of:
- A brief history of the building (when it was built, year of renovations, etc).
- Pictures and descriptions of where the emergency shut valves are, who has access to them, and if keys or codes are needed.
- Pictures of entrance ways and exits.
- Emergency contact information, complete with after-hours phone numbers.
- Contact information of all vendors you use.
- Pictures of any special equipment used in your company's operation.
- Pictures and descriptions of any fine art or antiques located on the property.
The Emergency Ready Profile can be geared to any type of commercial property: retail, industrial, warehousing, service oriented, etc.
Your company may have a contingency plan, which is good for when a disaster strikes, but does very little to help get you back up and running again. If your company does not have a free ERP, give SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank a call at 708-430-3600 right away, to schedule a walk through your facility.
Discovered water in your Chicago home?
You've worked hard to obtain these possessions, let us work hard to save them!
It's taken years to get the basement looking like you have always wanted. Drywall has been put up. Carpet on the floors. Pictures on the walls. An entertainment center with a large screen TV to relax and get away from it all.
And then you came downstairs, and found that the carpet's wet. And not only by the steps, but just about everywhere. Where did this water come from? Is it still getting into the basement? What can I do?
Call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank! We have the equipment necessary to find exactly where the water migrated, check any walls and/or ceilings to see if they have been affected, and take precautions that furniture is protected from any further damages.
Once we know what all has been affected, a plan is instituted to begin the drying process. We need to dry the area(s) as quickly and efficiently as possible, to inhibit mold growth.
We work with most insurance companies, so the drying process meets their standards as well.
So, whether the water came in from the outside or from a source from inside your home, we are ready to put your life back together again.
Call us today! 708-430-3600.
We can handle any job size!
Whether your home suffered a cracked water line that leads to your refrigerator, or was impacted by a hurricane (like the home shown below, from Hurricane Michael), or anything in between, SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank has the resources to handle it!
Of course, any disaster that befalls your home we can handle, be it fire, smoke, water, or mold. But, if needed, such as in the case of a large commercial property loss where the business needs to be up and running as soon as possible, we can call our network of SERVPRO professionals so that the job can be done right and as quick as possible.
The SERVPRO network is far reaching; that's why we are down in the panhandle of Florida helping out the local SERVPRO franchises there get homes, businesses, and lives back together again after the devastation of Hurricane Michael literally tearing apart the entire region.
If your home or business suffered any type of damage, call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank at 708-430-3600 today. Then, you can relax, knowing the industry leader in restoration and remediation is on the case.
SERVPRO. As close as your phone, and available 24/7/365.
Use caution when deep frying turkeys
Take extra precautions during the holiday cooking season!
The holiday season is fast approaching. Images of a golden brown turkey, stuffing, cranberries, corn, and other items on the dinner table will always bring a smile to your face. And, I'll bet if you close your eyes, you can still smell the pumpkin pie fresh from the oven, cooling in the kitchen.
But, all these preparations take a lot of work. And cooking fires are the number one cause of fires during the holiday season.
SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank almost always get a call from a cooking disaster on Thanksgiving or Christmas. And many times it's from deep frying a turkey.
Here are some safety tips:
- Always place your deep fryer away from your home, garage, decks, and even trees. If there's a flare up, you don't want to inadvertently catch anything nearby on fire.
- Make sure the ground the deep fryer is on is level. Uneven ground may cause tipping once the turkey's weight is added to the fryer.
- Make sure your turkey is COMPLETELY thawed. Any part of the turkey still frozen will cause dangerous flare ups.
- Make sure the turkey is dry. Any moisture or drops will cause flare ups.
- Use heavy duty oven mitts when handling the turkey or the fryer.
- Have a fire extinguisher (or 2) handy and close by.
- Have our number, 708-430-3600, already inputted into your phone, in case you need us for any fire or smoke damage.
Musty smell in your Chicago home?
Some mold is easy to see, while there might be mold behind the walls as well.
We've all experienced it. Go down into your basement, crawl space, or even up into the attic and you encounter a musty smell. Some days it smells worse than others.
That smell most likely is active mold, and it is currently flourishing. It can be out in plain sight, or it can hidden in walls, ceilings, or even under your flooring.
When mold is active, it consumes wood, paper, cardboard, or fabrics, and it is throwing off this smell. If conditions cause the mold to go dormant (like take away moisture), little to no smell can be detected.
Mold has to be physically removed to help prevent further growth. Cutting out affected drywall, for instance. But care must be taken with these pieces as to not cross contaminate other areas of the home.
Call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank. 708-430-3600. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to help get rid of your mold problem. We can tackle the actual mold and odors, all while protecting you and your home from further exposure.
Don't risk you or your family's health by trying to do it yourself. Call 708-430-3600 today and schedule an inspection. After SERVPRO is done, you'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief!
October is Fire Prevention Month
No one plans for a fire, but you can plan FOR a fire.
In October 1871, there were many fires burning in the Midwest. The largest and deadliest was NOT the Great Chicago Fire, even though the folklore is deep with that fire, with a cow supposedly kicking over a lantern.
Since 1922, the U.S. has observed a Fire Prevention Week, the second week of the month. In 2000, we added a Fire Prevention Month.
Are you prepared for a fire, either to prevent one or escape one if one starts? Here are a few helpful tips to keep your family safe:
- There should be one on every level of your home.
- It is recommended that there be one in every bedroom, and at least one outside of sleeping areas.
- Smoke alarms should either be mounted in a ceiling, or no greater than 10" from a ceiling on top of a wall.
- Try to keep smoke alarms at least 10' from cooking areas, as there would be numerous false alarms.
- They should be cleaned periodically, and the batteries changed regularly. A good rule of thumb: when you change your clocks in the spring and fall, also change the batteries in your smoke alarms, and clean the to keep dust and grease away from openings.
- There should be one on every level of the home, plus the garage if you have one.
- There should be at least one in or near the cooking area.
- Fire extinguishers come in different purposes, so make sure you have the proper type. Type A = all purpose, while type K = kitchen use. There are other types as well.
- When using a fire extinguisher, remember PASS - Pull pin, Aim at base of fire, Squeeze trigger, Sweep from side to side.
- Have an escape plan, where there's at least two exits from every room.
- Have a meeting place outside, and away from the house, so everyone can be accounted for.
- Practice this plan with children, so they know what to do if a fire alarm goes off.
Water hidden in/behind walls
Water pooling on the floor is easy to see. Water sitting in carpet is easy to feel. But what about water in and behind walls? Or ceilings? Or floors?
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank has all the proper tools to check for moisture behind walls, under flooring, or in ceilings. And we don't have to make inspection holes.
Moisture meters are designed to check or moisture where you suspect it may be. In the picture below, the wall looked dry; there wasn't any obvious signs of it being wet. But, the meter shows that the window well indeed leaked, and the wall is very wet. If not properly mitigated quickly, mold will soon colonize and grow in the affected wall cavities.
Thermal imaging cameras are also used to help confirm what the moisture meters have found. They also can help detect where the water migrated, especially under flooring. You can read more about thermal imaging cameras on a previous blog: www.SERVPRObedfordparkburbank.com/blog/post/41700/water-damage-restoration/finding-hidden-water-damages
We also utilize another meter designed especially for wood studs, checking the moisture content in the framing. We need to ensure that all structure, framing, walls, floors, and ceilings (and any affected furniture) are dry, preventing any mold from growing.
If you suffered any water damages, call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank at 708-430-3600. We have the detection methods and drying procedures to make your property good as new.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank helping Midwest flooding
The trucks are staged, and ready to roll!
In August, SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank made a couple of short trips, one to Iowa and another to Wisconsin. Both trips were to help businesses and residents with flooding issues, due to repeated heavy rains.
The first trip was to northern Iowa. Wave after wave of heavy rains caused widespread flooding in many areas. Within hours of the call for assistance, SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank was on their way.
A few days after returning from Iowa, central Wisconsin got hit with heavy downpours, with more than a foot of rain falling in about a day's time in areas just west of Madison. Again, just hours after the call came in, SERVPRO was back out on the road.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank prepares for storms, but not quite in the same manner you would do at home. Sure, we make sure nothing of value is at risk from getting storm water damage inside our building. We also prepare for the next call, be it from the Storm Team directing us to visit a hard hit community, to having the necessary equipment and tools to handle water or sewage that infiltrated your home or business.
If water has invaded your home or business, call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank 24/7/365 at 708-430-3600.
Prepared for the next storm?
Equipment at the ready, awaiting your call!
It seems lately that we are having “Once-in-a-lifetime” storms just about every year. Hurricane Harvey is a prime example.
Now, no one can prepare for 50” of rain in just a few days. But, are you ready for 10” of rain? 5” of rain? Even 1” of rain?
These are just a few of the things you can do now to prepare for the next storm:
- Are your gutters clean and free of debris?
- Do you have downspouts to direct water away from your foundation?
- Did you remove any low spots along the sides of your home, so water will not pool there?
- If your home is susceptible to flooding, are your appliances and furniture in lower levels raised up on blocks?
- Did you remove all cardboard boxes from your lowest level?
- Are all your irreplaceable items stored in a safe, dry place?
If you said yes to all these questions, then you are prepared for the next storm event.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank is also prepared for the next storm event, and the one after that, and the one after that. We have machines at the ready to extract standing water, dry structure, and dehumidify inside air. We have meters and cameras to check for hidden moisture, behind walls and under floors.
If Mother Nature was an uninvited guest inside your home, call the experts at SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank at 708-430-3600. We’re ready for that call!